SciSnack writing groups that have published in the past 12 months (per September 2020):
Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research/Geophysical Institute, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
This group meets once every 3 weeks (during semester time) to discuss ideas and give feedback to articles that other members have written before they are published on the SciSnack website. We welcome all scientists from anywhere in the world to get involved with the SciSnack concept. If you would like to start a writing group or you are interested in helping us run the organization, then let us know.
Meeting times for Spring 2021 (Norwegian time):
- Friday 12 February, 14:00-15:30, Zoom
- Friday 5 March, 14:00-15:30 Zoom
- Friday 26 March, 14:00-15:30 Zoom
- Friday 16 April, 14:00-15:30 Zoom
- Friday 7 May, 14:00-15:30 Zoom
- Friday 28 May, 14:00-15:30 Zoom
- Friday 18 June, 14:00-15:30 Zoom
The meetings last about 1 1/2 hours.
Meetings will be physical (possibly with a limited number of seats around the table) when the pandemic allows us. Please contact Andrew (andrew.seidl[at]uib[dot]no) if you need the Zoom link for the meeting.
ArchaeoSnack, Dublin-based and international
The ArchaeoSnack writing group started in October 2020 and focuses on writing short pieces about archaeology. The group meets online every third Monday and follows the SciSnack procedure of sharing ideas and feedback on structures and drafts before the final snacks are published on the website. So far, the group consists of PhD students and postdoctoral researchers based in Ireland, the UK and Cyprus.
Meeting times for Spring 2021:
- Monday 22 February, 13.30 GMT / 14.30 CET / 15.30 EET, Zoom
- Monday 15 March, 13.30 GMT / 14.30 CET / 15.30 EET, Zoom
- Monday 12 April, 13.30 GMT / 14.30 CET / 15.30 EET, Zoom
- Monday 10 May, 13.30 GMT / 14.30 CET / 15.30 EET, Zoom
- Monday 7 June, 13.30 GMT / 14.30 CET / 15.30 EET, Zoom
- Monday 28 June, 13.30 GMT / 14.30 CET / 15.30 EET, Zoom
Please contact Vana (vanaorfanou[at]gmail[dot]com) if you want to join the Archaeo meetings.